Braintree Bouncy Castles Terms and Conditions
By Booking with Braintree Bouncy Castles (And receiving this e-mail), you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions regarding your booking, all aspects of the hire/booking process and your deposit/booking fee payment.
Braintree Bouncy Castles WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I, the undersigned, voluntarily make and grant this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk in favour of Braintree Bouncy Castles as partial consideration (in addition to monies paid to the Owner) for the opportunity to use the facilities, equipment, materials and/or other assets of the Owner; and/or to receive assistance, training, guidance and/or instruction from the personnel of the Owner; and/or to engage in the activities, events, sports, festivities and/or gatherings sponsored by the Owner; I hereby waive and release any and all claims whether in contract or for personal injury, property damage, damages, losses and/or death that may arise from my aforementioned use or receipt, as I understand and recognise that there are certain risks, dangers and perils connected with such use and/or receipt, which I hereby acknowledge to have been fully explained to me and which I fully understand, and which I nevertheless accept, assume and undertake after inquiry and investigation as to the nature and extent of such risks has shown those risks to be wholly satisfactory and acceptable to me. I further agree to use my best judgment in undertaking these activities, use and/or receipt and to strictly adhere to all safety instructions and recommendations, whether oral or written. I hereby certify that I am a competent adult assuming these risks of my own free will, being under no compulsion or duress. I hereby take full responsibility of the assets in good order and am fully responsible for the supervision and safekeeping and informing other persons and/or guardians of the risks associated with the using of the equipments and the responsibility of Liability and Assumption of Risk is wavered from the Owner.
This Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk is effective on (DATE OF BOOKING, AS SPECIFIED ON OUR BOOKING DIARY FORM), inclusive, and may not be revoked or amended without the prior written consent of the Owner.
No Adults in the Non Adult Castles
All our inflatable equipment has an age limit for use, this is stated on your hire agreement and operating instructions. This limit is due to the manufacturing process, and if adults are allowed to use such equipment, their weight and size will compromise the safety of the inflatable. Unfortunately it is becoming all too common that adults are still jumping on our inflatables whilst they are in their care, thus making the possibility of the inflatable being unsafe for the next hirer, I am sure that you would not wish us to supply you with an unsafe castle for your children's party. With that in mind the next hirer deserves the same safety standards as you would expect. We do however realise that an adult may from time to time need to access the inflatable to deal with younger children, please keep this i to a minimum and spread your weight across the inflatable as much as possible. All our inflatable are put through a rigourous safety test at regular intervals, but if it is found that adults have used the inflatable, then it must be retested to insure that it is safe for the next person to hire for their children. Therefore if it is found that adults have used the inflatable whilst it is in your care there will be an initial charge of £120 to have the inflatable retested, and you will be liable for the full cost of any repairs required due to the misuse and any loss of business whilst the inflatable is out of use.
I have read the above document and fully understand and accept the conditions above. I am aware that whilst in my care I am fully responsible for the inflatable and if it is found that adults have used the inflatable I will liable to pay for a new safety test, the cost of repair for any damage and any loss of business due to such through the misuse of the hire equipment.
Follow our simple rules and you and your children will have an enjoyable and safe day!
It has been necessary to remind customers that it is their responsibility to ensure that the equipment hired is returned in a clean condition, please remember that if the castle is dirty or damaged when collected the hirer is liable for the full costs of repair/replacement, or cleaning costs. This includes the use of face-paints, henna paints,
glitter, party poppers, coloured streamers and silly string. Equipment returned/collected in a dirty condition will be subject to a cleaning charge.
Please return equipment in the same condition that you received it. If you need to clean down the Equipment then you only need to use a soft damp cloth to wipe clean.
Thank you for your co-operation in this.
Braintree Bouncy Castles Hire Agreement
Braintree Bouncy Castles DISCLAIMER
Please note that all persons using this Bouncy Castle/Inflatable do so at their own risk.
The person/s or organisation hiring this Inflatable equipment will be responsible/liable for any damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are fully adhered to at all times.
Our Company cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
I have read the above agreement AND HAVE SIGNED OVERLEAF and fully understand and accept the conditions as above. I am aware that whilst in my care I am fully responsible for the inflatable and will pay for any loss or damage that may occur, this will include the inflatable being returned in an unacceptable condition,i.e.: If it is in a dirty or muddy condition, I will be expected to pay an additional cleaning charge.
Including Terms and Conditions of Hire
It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring this inflatable to ensure
that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the Inflatable.
Please ensure to read and follow the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions of Hire:
We will hold the date requested and a 20% deposit/booking fee will be due on day of booking or up to 4 weeks before date requested, to secure the booking. This deposit is non returnable and will be held in the event of cancellation on the following basis
Cancelled On day of booking 0% Returned.
Cancelled 1-2 days before booking 25% Returned.
Cancelled 3-7 Days before booking 50% Returned
Cancelled 8-13 Days before booking 75% Returned
Cancelled 14+ Days before booking 100% Returned.
Full payment is due on delivery of the hire package once we have set up and you are 100% happy with everything we have delivered. You Can pay in Cash or Card on the day of booking or Pay in Full by card over the phone before the day.
In the event that your payment is not ready upon delivery, we will not be able leave the equipment with you.
Delivery and Setup
Please kindly note you will be required to sign to say you understand and accept these ‘Terms & Conditions of Hire’ upon delivery. This will also be sent to you via email / post along with your confirmation and a copy will be handed over prior to us setting up so you have further time to read through and can raise any queries in person.
Soft play hire
1. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check the site measurements for the required package, and also to ensure that there is adequate space surrounding the play equipment. If sufficient space is not available at the venue site for the package ordered, we reserve the right to remove certain items, at our discretion, for health and safety reasons. However, You will lose your deposit (to cover loss of bookings through no fault of our own) and full payment will be payable for the
2. Please allow 45-60 minutes before the event for Braintree Bouncy Castles to deliver and set up the equipment, and also 30-45 minutes after the event for them to take down and remove the equipment.
3. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure easy access to the venue for unloading and loading of equipment. Any restrictions (lack of parking, stairs, narrow doorways etc.) must be reported to Braintree Bouncy Castles prior to the event.
Failure to do so may result in delay to setting up, an additional fee being payable by the Hirer or cancellation by Braintree Bouncy Castles.
4. The Hirer must agree that the area where the goods are to be situated will be free from obstructions, debris and that there is strictly no dog foul (for outdoor bookings) where the equipment is to be sited, before our drivers arrive.
5. The packages include free setup and delivery to venues within Braintree. Venues beyond this will incur a delivery fee. Please contact us for details.
6. We will endeavour to arrive and setup on time, however, Braintree Bouncy Castles cannot be held liable for delay incurred due to circumstances beyond our control (for example – traffic congestion, adverse weather etc.).
7. If the event of adverse weather on the day, such as heavy snow or ice which would be dangerous to travel in, we reserve the right to cancel the booking. In such cases we will return any deposits and payments.
8. All our equipment will be delivered in a clean and sanitary state. Should there be significant dirt or staining upon
collection the Hirer will be made liable for professional cleaning costs. Equipment must be collected clean and
undamaged. If there is any damage, however slight, or any lost/stolen equipment the hirer will incur the cost of Repair/Replacement. Equipment will be brought back to our Depot and an assessment carried out to determine how much you’ll be charged for a repair or replacement. If equipment damaged or lost is over the cost of £50, you will be expected to pay the full amount for the equipment priced as brand new within 7 days of the date of hire.
9. Balls from the ball pit must be collected in stored in the ball pit before our arrival to collect equipment.
10. Please ensure that equipment hired is not scattered around the venue. Equipment must be collected and placed back to the set up area so we do not spend time looking for items when we arrive to collect. This will also save you time if you have a set time to be out of a venue.
11. Please do not release our equipment to anyone other than our delivery drivers. If the driver who delivers to you
is not the driver who will collect from you they will inform you and give you a description of the person/people coming to collect to avoid confusion and theft of our equipment.
Health & Safety
1. The Hirer must ensure the equipment is supervised at ALL times by a responsible person over the age of 18, preferably the Hirer. Braintree Bouncy Castles do not supervise the event. Braintree Bouncy Castles or their staff accepts no liability for any damage, accidents or injuries that may occur whilst the equipment is on hire should there not be a responsible adult supervising at the time of the incident.
2. Braintree Bouncy Castles will set up the equipment taking into account full safety of the children, and therefore large equipment, such as the ball pool or bouncy castle(s) must not be moved. We will not accept any liability for accidents, injury or damage during the period of hire if this has occurred. Photographs are taken to evidence this upon setup.
3. The Soft Play and Play Equipment is strictly for use by children under the age of 6 years. Under no circumstances should ADULTS play on the Soft Play or Play Equipment as this will, in time, result in damage to the Equipment or injury to the individual(s) / children.
4. Bouncy Castle(s) are strictly for children under the age of 10. Under no circumstances should ADULTS enter on to the Inflatable as this will, in time, result in damage to the Inflatable or injury to the individual(s) / children.
5. Adults must not lean or sit on any Soft Play, Ball Pool walls, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s).
6. Do not allow children with medical conditions, which may put them at risk of injury (i.e. brittle bone disease or temporary injuries), to use the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
7. Avoid mixing older children on the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) at the same time as younger ones.
8. No food, drink or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s), this will avoid choking and mess. If the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge.
9. No glass drinking glasses or bottles to be used on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
10. STRICTLY no alcohol or drug use on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) – Braintree
Bouncy Castles will not be held liable for any damage, accidents or injury that occurs due to the consumption and effects of alcohol and/or drug use.
11. Please ensure that the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s) is kept in a clean, dry condition. Any
spillage must be cleaned and dried as soon as they occur – if we have to have the equipment professionally cleaned before the next hire, then you will incur a cleaning charge.
12. Shoes MUST be removed before using the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s). Parents/
guardians who enter the Soft Play area or walk over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising must remove their shoes, particularly heels. Any damage may result in the Hirer having to pay an additional fee for replacement or repair.
13. For hygiene reasons, socks should be worn at all times whilst using the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or
14. The Hirer must ensure that all sharp objects, including but not limited to, badges, spectacles, earrings, jewellery etc. are removed prior to accessing the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s) to ensure it remains undamaged from but not limited to, scratches, tears, dirt (of any kind), detached from its connecting item (if applicable) and in the same working condition as delivered. If damage does occur the Hirer will incur a repair or replacement charge to be paid
immediately, unless otherwise agreed.
15. No face paints, party poppers, confetti, coloured streamers or silly string to be used either on or near the Soft
Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s) – staining may occur for which the Hirer will be liable.
16. Strictly NO acrobatics or gymnastics to be performed on the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
17. Children must NOT push, collide, fight or behave in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
18. Always ensure that no overcrowding occurs on all Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s), limit
numbers according to the age and size of children using it.
19. No furniture to be placed on the mats as this may cause damage.
20. No smoking or barbecues near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
21. No pets or animals to be allowed on or near the Soft Play, Play Equipment or Bouncy Castle(s).
22. The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s). You will
be charged for theft or any damage caused to it or for any items missing from it on its return. Soft Play, Play Equipment and/or Bouncy Castle(s) being kept overnight must be locked away to avoid theft. Full replacement charge for any missing items will incur. This includes any accessories which accompany the equipment, i.e. blowers, extension leads, mats etc.
23. In the event of rain ALL Soft Play and Play Equipment must be covered or taken indoors / under cover to prevent it from getting wet and water damage occurring. All equipment must be towel dried thoroughly before use re-commences.
24. Only Braintree Bouncy Castles staff are authorised to collect the Soft Play, Play Equipment and Bouncy Castle(s) inflatable and equipment. Under no circumstances should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than our staff. If you are unsure of any staff member collecting please contact the owner on the telephone number provided.
24. Please ensure you take all reasonable precautions to protect the equipment from damage.
26. Most importantly please ensure that you take all reasonable precautions to protect the child from harm and danger.
This web site is operated by Braintree Bouncy Castles (“we”, “us”, “our” or "the company"). All bookings made with Braintree Bouncy Castles are governed by these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility as the Hirer to read and understand these Terms and Conditions of Hire PRIOR to making a booking.
We will confirm acceptance of your booking immediately after you have confirmed your hire by us sending this in writing via e-mail to the email address you have provided to us or by letter to the postal address provided by you.
All prices are in UK Pounds. The price of the hire / goods will be as quoted on the web site at the time you confirm your order (usually by paying the deposit) subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable. If you subsequently amend your order, the prices charged will be those applicable to the amended item(s) at the time that the amended order is confirmed.
Promotions are only available until the stated end date.
The price of the hire of equipment does not include a charge for delivery outside of the 5 miles of CM7 delivery radius.
In the event of unavailability for whatever reason, we will replace the unavailable item with the closest possible alternative and advise you of this at the earliest possible date.
Delivery is free within 5 miles of CM7 Braintree although we cover surrounding areas. Delivery costs outside of the 5 mile radius
are to be discussed and agreed at the time of booking.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, neither will any of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights.
£5 Million public liability insurance is held by Braintree Bouncy Castles with Leisure Insure.
All liability on our behalf is void should any injury occur due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol or non-adult supervision or any other terms set out in this agreement.
Bouncy Castle hire
If you are hiring the bouncy castle, please ensure you read all of the points below. We also recommend you have a copy of this information with you on the day of your event for reference. Any person/organisation hiring our equipment is responsible/liable for any damage or injuries occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use. Persons using the equipment/other items do so at their own risk. These guidelines are for the safety of all persons using the inflatable, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are adhered to. Our company cannot accept responsibility for any damage or injury to anyone using the equipment however caused.
1. The bouncy castle is 11 ft wide, 15 ft deep and 10 ft high. For safety and to also prevent the risk of damage to the bouncy
castle, we recommend you have a space that allows 6 feet clearance all the way round it as well as 3 ft clearance above.
2. Packed, the bouncy castle is approximately 3 feet across and is quite heavy. Please ensure that access to your venue allows
for this. Also, as it is around 70kgs in weight, we cannot provide the bouncy castle for any first floor or higher venues unless there is a lift.
3. The bouncy castle will need to be set up on a flat, level, clear and clean surface. Please ensure the area you wish it to be set up on is clear of anything likely to damage or puncture the bouncy castle.
4. The bouncy castle is inflated using an electric powered fan. Please ensure that your venue has mains electric power supply within 10 metres of where you would like the bouncy castle set up. The bouncy castle requires the fan to be connected and kept running in order to stay inflated so please ensure that fan is not disconnected from the power supply at any time.
5. Upon delivery we will set up and inflate the bouncy castle. When we return to collect it we will deflate it. Except in the event of extreme weather (see point 20 below) please DO NOT inflate or deflate the bouncy castle yourself – this is for safety reasons. Also, once inflated do not attempt to move the bouncy castle as this may result in damage. If the inflatable fails for whatever reason, evacuate immediately to prevent injury.
6. Never switch the blower on and off whilst the inflatable is in use.
7. Do not allow users to be on the bouncy castle during inflation and deflation.
8. Our bouncy castle may be used outside. We also ask that special care is taken to ensure the ground the bouncy castle is to be set up on is dry, clear of stones, sticks, animal waste and any such items that may damage or dirty it.
9. It is the responsibility of the hirer that all of the conditions above for provision and set up of the bouncy castle are met (access, space, clear level surface, power supply). Should we arrive to set up the bouncy castle and we are unable to, the full hire charge will still be payable.
10. The bouncy castle is designed for children to play on and because of its size and dimensions it is not recommended for play for children over the age of 10. Adults may go onto the bouncy castle to help young children to play, but no more than 2 at a time and only to sit or kneel, not walk or bounce/jump.
11. No food or drinks to be consumed on the bouncy castle (to avoid choking and mess).
12. All shoes, badges, jewellery (i.e. large earrings, necklaces etc.) must be removed. It is recommended that spectacles are also removed.
13. No face-paints, party-poppers, coloured streamers or “silly string” to be used near or on the bouncy castle, as they can make a terrible mess and permanently stain the inflatable for which you will be liable for payment to clean, repair or replacement.
14. No smoking near the bouncy castle.
15. Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is dangerous and must not be allowed.
16. A responsible adult must supervise the bouncy castle at all times.
17. Ensure the bouncy castle is not overcrowded, and limit the numbers depending on age and size of children using it. If the
children are colliding into each other, it is too crowded.
18. Try to avoid large children and small children from using the bouncy castle at the same time. Some children require strict supervision.
19. Do not allow anyone to bounce on the step/front apron. The step is there to help users get on and off.
20. Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems uses the bouncy castle.
21. No smoking, fires or barbecues to be used near or on the inflatable.
22. No pets to be allowed on or near the inflatable.
23. Water fights are fun but do not spray water near the electric blower or on any of the items supplied.
24. Occasionally check that the inflatable is still securely pegged down, and there are no obstructions to the blower inlet.
25. In the event of adverse weather conditions – such as heavy rain or strong winds – you must immediately cease using the bouncy castle and switch off the fan. This is mainly for safety reasons but also to prevent damage to the bouncy castle and/or fan. Please also cover the fan.
26. Ensure that the vent on the side of the blower is kept clear at all times.
27. If you are unsure about anything, please contact us immediately.
28. Please remember if any of the items are dirty or damaged when collected the hirer is liable for the full cost of repairs or cleaning costs.
29. Hired equipment will be set up in one location only as agreed on arrival and will not be moved once unloaded and set up.
30. Our delivery vehicles are to be allowed drive on access to the exact location to where the equipment is to be installed, or if to a building as close as possible to the installation location. The company reserve the right to refuse delivery if the venue or site is deemed to be unsuitable or due to insufficient space to install the equipment by our delivery personnel or if no prior written notice has been received, we may refuse to install the equipment if upon arrival it is found that the exact installation location is an unreasonable or an excessive loading distance from our delivery vehicle to the installation site. Or the client has failed to notify us regarding obstacles such as stairs / steps etc. in such a case no refund will be given and the full contracted fees will be due to the company.
31. The client is responsible for ensuring that suitable security and crowd control measures are in place prior to start of event.
32. The company reserves the right to cease operation and remove hired equipment from site if at any time a representative of the company feels that the guests or clients conduct endangers the safety of the guests, clients, themselves, the company’s staff or the safety of the hired equipment. At no time will any level of abuse against our staff be tolerated. In all such cases no refund will be given and full contracted fees will be due to the company.
33. If the client wishes to charge their guests to use the equipment, they must provide a person to do so. At no time will our staff apart from dealing with the contract balance handle any other monies on the event unless agreed in writing prior to the event. If you require our staff to charge guests to use any of the equipment on hire then there will be an additional supervision fee of £10.00 per person per hour or part hour.
34. Free parking is to be supplied for our Vans / Cars / delivery vehicles or any other vehicles as required by the company or the company’s staff.
35. The company accept no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
36. Any equipment booked on ‘dry hire’ (not supervised by a representative of the company). is not covered by the company’s insurance policy and the client is responsible for suitable insurance cover.
37. If any of the hired equipment is damaged or lost during the period of hire any security deposit paid will be utilised in discharge of or in part payment for repairs/replacements or lost hire contract’s. The Hirer shall indemnify Braintree Bouncy Castles for the full cost of repair of any damage done to any equipment howsoever arising, which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring. If the hirer has made payment by credit or debit card then Braintree Bouncy Castles reserves the right to make a charge to the credit or debit card used either for the deposit or payment for the hire of the equipment, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered hire address on the contract. Should payment not be received as per the invoice sent then we reserve the right to take legal action and all costs will be passed on to the hirer.